Hi family and friends,
I hope this e-mail finds you doing well and preparing yourself for a good Holy Week. I cannot believe this week has already come. When I was younger, lent lasted FOREVER!!! Now, it's like a blink of an eye. Its over and I'm not ready! Luckily, Paul is having surgery this week so I will have PLENTLY of oppurtunities to unite my sacrifices with Christ. Isn't it amazing how God works those things out?
Anyways, on to our update. The little Duval family is doing very well these days. Our calendar has been full of trips, appointments, parties, etc. Paul and I were so thankful to be able to get out of Naples ALONE to go to Paris for a weekend. Once I got over the feeling of constantly forgetting something, we had a fantastic time and vowed to make our "Paul and Jeanne" trip happen more often, at least once a year.
Paul was supposed to have his jaw surgery last wednesday but because of a last minute fever it got moved to this wednesday. It worked out perfectly since we both ended up being sick all through the weekend. Now, we're rested, feeling better, and ready to take this on! Paul will be on a COMPLETELY liquid/non-teeth needing diet for the next 6 weeks. If you have any recipes, please send them my way. Please keep him (and our surgeon, Dr. Shoemaker) in your prayers on Wednesday.
The BIGGEST news in our house these days is that our sweet little Guido is about to turn 2!!!!! Can you believe that? I remember sitting in the hospital like it was yesterday. He's going to have quite the birthday this year as his grandparents, Nana and Pepe, are coming to visit, he's having an Elmo birthday party, AND he's getting to eat his first piece of cake. (We've been quite strict about not letting him eat white sugar before his 2nd birthday). It will be quite the week! What's crazy, he has absolutely NO IDEA whats going on. haha.
Sweet baby Cate is also doing well. She continues to grow (up AND OUT) and is HILARIOUS! She is crawling, standing, and cruising EVERYWHERE! She LOVES her daddy and brother like no other and has gotten "da da" and "ba ba" (referring to 'brother') down. The difference between boys and girls is amazing...it's called D-R-A-M-A. Oh my goodness! You would think that the world is coming to an end througout our day if you judged it by Catherine's cries. Wow! Luckily, her brother comes to her rescue covering her with hugs and kisses at these occations. Man, I LOVE the love of my children. It's so sweet and pure.
Lastly, I am doing well. Trying to make sure that the house and family is ready for Paul's surgery and following 30 days of convalescent leave, preparing for Paul's parents visit and travels, and then preparing for our move home on May 8th. I can't believe its ending so soon! In order to keep up my running, I am registered for the July 4th 10K Peachtree Road Race. I figured this was a unique oppurtunity, not being pregnant OR nursing, to finally do something I've always wanted to do.
I think thats everything. For fear of my brother asking for cliff notes to my updates I will go ahead and end this. I hope you are all doing very well. Make sure to live your Holy Week well, especially Friday!
Love,
Jeanne
No comments:
Post a Comment