Monday, March 1, 2010

Duval Family Update March 2010

Hi Friends,

I suppose I have been in a reflective mood lately but I can't help but think about how our lives are about to change and how I will never get back these moments that are passing us by.  As Paul and I look at the upcoming events in our lives (Paris, Paul's surgery, Nana and Pepe's visit, and moving) and how they just lead right into each other I am realizing how quickly the next 9 weeks are going to pass by.  At the same time, I just want everything to stop because all is perfect in the Duval household right now.  The kids are at AWESOME ages, I'm really enjoying living in Naples, Paul and I are having a lot of fun together, and I've got our day to day life down pat.  Why am I opting to change this? 

Right now, Paul and Catherine are at my favorite ages thus far.  Paul is not going through a rebellious stage and Catherine is just plain funny!  I remember when Catherine was first born and I was struggling more than any of you will know. We were introduced to the song "It won't be like this for long" by Darius Rucker.  I just sat in the chair crying as I listened to the song.  The first verse talks about having a newborn that cries all night and the wife is gently reminding her husband that it won't like this for long.  I could relate, although Paul was the one reminding me and my baby wasn't crying all night, she was crying, screaming, angry ALL DAY!!!  At the same time, my sister-in-law had written a blog entry about the same song talking about how she wanted to savour every moment with my new nephew Gabriel because things change so fast.  I remember reading that and feeling so guilty that I just wanted the time pass as quickly as possible while she saw the silver lining.   

This weekend Paul made his 2009 CD.  His song to remember Catherine's birth is that very song.  When I heard it again it was amazing how the meaning has changed. As I look back on those first 9 HARD weeks its seems like a blink of an eye.  It's fast how fast things change and pass by.  My baby girl is now almost 8 months old (4 MONTHS FROM ONE!!!) and my baby boy is about to turn 2 in a month!  I wish I could set up a video camera and tape every day so I don't forget anything. 

So, I have decided that I am going to stop living every day in preperation for the next event or trip.  I am missing so much right now.  This day will never happen again.  My kids are not going to wait for the dishes to be done or the laundry to be folded, they are playing, giggling, and growing now...and I want to be there playing and giggling with them.  As they say, "It won't be like this for long..."

Love,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment