Monday, September 22, 2008

Duval Family Update September 2008

Hi Family and Friends,

Well, we have officially made it through summer and are now into the glorious temperatures of fall!  It's amazing!

The last few months have been quite hectic with Paul's work schedule.  It has definitely made me realize what it means to be his wife.  Given the fact that on most days he is gone for about 14-15 hours, I spend most of my days making sure that everything is squared away when he gets home so he can eat, relax, and get into bed (having a clean uniform, sandwiches, and coffee in the morning) within about 2 hours.  I have realized that my job entails making his days easier!  Its the least that I can do since he works so hard so I can be a stay-at-home mom!  These last few months have really made me learn to be VERY thankful!

Besides the day to day, Paul has recently gotten braces in anticipation of his jaw surgery in about 24 months!  We are so thankful that the Navy is giving us this opputunity.  As the doctor said, 'its basically a $50,000 bonus check'.  His experience of getting braces was quite different than mine as he was eating chicken within 24 hours, while I remember being in absolute pain for a couple of days!  He has also become a lector at Mass and is looking into coaching soccer or baseball in the spring.  We are also anxiously awaiting the results of Paul's officer program due out in mid October.  Life has come to a stand still until we know what we are doing.  The military has definitely provided us an adventureous life!

Compared to Paul, I am not doing too much.  I can proudly say that I am 4 weeks from completing my undergraduate degree in Marketing!  I am so ready to be done but am trying to finish strong!  I am also trying to get involved in some Bible Study's and women's groups at Church but so far I have either been out of town or had a doctors appointment during EVERY MEETING!  Maybe I'm just not SUPPOSED to have friends...haha!  Although, I HAVE registered to organize a progressive dinner for Paul's command in May (if we are here, sneaky, huh?  haha).  I thought it would be fun!

Anyways, little man is doing great!  I am trying to keep up the pictures but it has become a bit challenging.  He kind of does the same things over and over!  We are still having so much fun with is especially since he has gotten older and has more personality.  I am so excited for my brother, Eddie, to see him since he has been gone for the last 3 months...A LOT HAS CHANGED! 

Well, please drop us some e-mails!  We miss hearing from you!  We still use SKYPE on a daily basis and are always looking to show little man off.  Just as we did, we want him to grow up with a strong relationship with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (and most of our friends are considered aunts and uncles).  I hope this e-mail finds you doing well and be assured of an e-mail once we know where we are turning next! 

Love,
Jeanne  (and little Paul, he's screaming in the background!!!)     

No comments:

Post a Comment