Hi Family and Friends!
Well, we have successfully made it through the busiest month thus far! First of all, traveling with a baby demands quite the preparation! We are used to being able to do the 'throw and go' technique so when I spent A WHOLE WEEK preparing for our trip back to the states, I think Paul thought I was crazy! I mean, there were sticky notes with lists ALL OVER OUR HOUSE!!! Luckily, the planning paid off and we had everything we needed for the two weeks away from home. We wanted to thank everybody who took the time to see us while we were in New Hampshire and Atlanta. We really appreciated it and thouroughly enjoyed seeing you! For those of you who we didn't get to see, we missed you but hopefully it will work out better next time!
Once Paul IV and I arrived back home on June 3rd, we had 5 days to prepare for the baby's baptism in Rome and the arrival of Uncle Patrick and Aunt Kristi (and their growing baby...so fun!). The Baptism was beautiful and very simple! My brother, Eddie, really did an AWESOME job arranging everything. We consider ourselves very blessed to have the oppurtunity to baptize one of our children in Rome. How awesome! Maybe we'll make it a tradition...haha...yeah right! Anyways, the baptism, reception, and departing gelato were wonderful and then Patrick and Kristi came to Naples with us for the rest of the week! Besides the one day that I let Patrick convince me to DRIVE in downtown Naples (crazy!!!), it was a blast! Paul and I were also able to go out one evening which was a very nice surprise!
Once Patrick and Kristi left, Paul and I thankfully had three days of NOTHING! He didn't have to work, he wasn't transitioning to or from a night schedule and we just chilled out! That was also the weekend of Father's Day! What and awesome day! Our day included pancakes, presents, superman, a nap, the first son/daddy run, bocce ball, and ended with an AWESOME steak dinner (thanks to Paul R. Duval III AWESOME grilling skills!) We really had a ball!
Since then, we have just been recovering and I have been trying to get caught up on my house! My goodness, I didn't know three people could have SO MUCH LAUNDRY! But, thankfully, we are starting to get back into the swing of things. The baby and I are going to start taking part in a group here for moms and volunteer at the USO (you get discounts on the trips that they offer...shhhh). I also start school on July 7th in order to finish up my last 11 credits before graduating with a B.A. in Marketing in November. Additionally, Paul has been working on his officer Package that is being sumbitted THIS WEEK! So, the wait for October 15th is on, again!
Well, besides that everything is going well. The baby is sure growing fast! He is a big smiler and laughs all the time! I'm trying to give him more tummy time so he'll learn to start scooting (right now he just lays down if you put him on his belly...haha). His latest achievement is being able to connect his hand with whatever he is reaching for. Pretty cool! He is sleeping from about 10PM-11:30AM every night (waking up for one feeding at around 9AM). It's amazing! He makes our life VERY easy! We're just worried what the next one's going to be like!
I hope everyone is getting the links to the pictures. I have really enjoyed putting them up and keeping you all in the loop. I also have fun picking out the background music for the slideshow...I'm a dork, I know! If I am putting them up too often, let me know. We really spend a lot of time laughing with little man so we want to give you the same opputunity (at least for a good smile). So far, everybody loves them so I'll keep them coming!
Okay, thats it. I'm done! I hope you all are doing really well! We think/speak of you often and you are always in our prayers. Make sure to keep us updated on the happenings back in the States and keep the pictures coming!!!
Love,
Jeanne
P.S. We're fielding offers if anybody wants to come to Italy and keep the baby while Paul and I go on a cruise to Greece, Turkey, and Sicily...haha. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment