Greetings from Italy!
I just wanted to send a brief update with all of the news that has come our way since my last update. First of all, I hope you all can tell how much smarter I am as I have FINALLY GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!! After getting married, moving to California, a deployment, moving to Italy, and having a baby, I kept my word and I have finally completed my Bachelors degree in marketing. I can't even tell you how relieved I was to wake up on Monday morning and to have NO SCHOOLWORK! It's great!
I have also become a certified COMPASS mentor for the Navy. COMPASS is a program for military spouses to learn about the Navy and for spouses to assist other spouses in their transitions and deployments. It was a great experience and I am looking forward to mentoring other Navy Spouses!
Secondly, Paul has been VERY busy (imagine that). He was selected as an alternate for his officer commissioning program. While it is not EXACTLY what we were hoping for it is still quite an accomplishment and I am so proud of him! Out of 900-1200 applicants, Paul was one of the few who was selected at all. So, where does this leave us. Well, God has quite the sense of humor! I guess he's not finished teaching us patience! Paul is currently in the process of filling out college applications, doing physical exams, and making degree plans. Like a normal selectee, he must send all of the paperwork in and then we wait for someone to either drop out or be kicked out (which actually happens all of the time!). So, we are busy doing all of his paperwork and applications and then we just wait some more. We will know a definite answer by December. To be quite honest, we are hoping that we stay in Italy for one more year as we REALLY want to do more traveling. But, whatever God wants is what we want.
In addition to that, Paul has become a certified Department of Defense financial counselor! He has not only learned A TON but he has had a great time! He will now be the financial counselor for his command (both enlisted and officer). There are efforts to try and make financial counseling a mandatory appointment upon checking into the command which means that Paul will be one busy guy helping his command get their money/investments in order. Again, so proud!
And lastly, little guido man's first tooth has popped through! After he bit me yesterday I knew that something sharp was in there. We looked and there it was! His second tooth is sitting right under his gums. I can't believe he's growing so fast! I THOUGHT I JUST HAD HIM!!! We continue to have fun as he learns and grows.
Well, I think thats about it from the home front. No deployments, No babies, AND NO MOVES! Wow, it's be a while since we've been this calm. It's kind of nice! Remember to keep smiling and have a great day!
Love,
Jeanne
No comments:
Post a Comment