Hi Family and Friends,
Guess What!?!?! I'M NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE! I had a friend tell me the other day that it seemed like I was pregnant FOREVER while all of our other friends pregnancies are flying by. I couldn't help but agree with her as I had convinced myself that I was going to be the first woman in history to be pregnant for the rest of her life!!! But, thankfully, our little man arrived! As the pictures show, the baby is doing wonderful! As of Tuesday, he weighed over 9 1/2 lbs (up from his 8lbs 3oz birth weight). Quite the growing boy. So far, he has been an awesome baby...adapting very well to the schedule set in place and sleeping very well at night. Luckily, there has only been a couple of nights where I have had to get up more than once. I know, I know, 'just wait, it'll come'. Thats what everybody has been saying. But for now, I am counting my blessings and praying for it to continue.
Besides the baby, everything is going well over here in Italy. Paul has finally changed to his 3 days on/3 days off schedule. It coincided perfectly with my mom's departure as he had three days off after she left. So, I went from having two helpers, to one, to just me and the baby. It was perfect! Watching Paul as a dad has probably been my favorite part of having a baby, so far. Just like my dad, he has a special talent for rocking the baby to sleep at night! And boy do I appreciate it! When we first got home from the hospital Paul quickily reminded me that he was the oldest of 5 and that he used to do the baby thing all the time...'you know, like 10 years ago.' I quickily reminded him that his youngest sister was 18 and that at the time he was 6! haha. I think he was shocked at how time flew by. Even so, he definitely learned a lot being the oldest in the family and really helps me with everything. At this point, I believe the boys favorite thing to do together is watch the red sox games. Good male bonding, right?
Thankfully, we have been able to somewhat bridge the gap between the countries with our webcams. We have really enjoyed being able to show the baby off and see the reactions of our friends and family. I think my favorite, thus far, was my 2 year old nephew. Truly priceless!
Well, I don't believe that there is too much more to report. We are doing very well and truly appreciate all of the e-mails, cards, and phone calls. We definitely understand the challenge of being excited about a baby that you can't see but know that your excitement has been GREATLY appreciated. I hope this e-mail finds you doing very well and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Love,
Jeanne
No comments:
Post a Comment