Well, it's been quite a while since our last update and a lot has happened since then. The kids and I are officially back in the states and adjusted. We are currently bombarding my parents house until we move up to VA in August. My poor parents world has been turned upside down but they have been a HUGE help to me.
Being back in the states has definitely been more of a challenge than I expected. I know, both of our parents are looking at us saying "I told ya so...". Oh well, you live and you learn, right? The biggest challenge to my master plan is the simple fact that I am pregnant. I had a reasonable amount of morning sickness that started 3 days after arriving and my decreased energy level and sickness have definitely put a damper on my ideas of life in Atlanta. The second thing that I hadn't considered in moving back to my old stomping ground is that all of my friends have moved on...and so have I. The last time I lived in Atlanta, I was the single 'Jeanne Bentley' and nobody knows Jeanne Duval who is a mother of two with one on the way. All of my friends now have jobs and their hours to get together are my hours for dinner, bathtime, and bedtime. It definitely added a level of loneliness that I was not ready for. And last, but not least, I miss my buddy who is also known as my husband. This experience has really made me appreciate who we are as a family, a system, and a couple. I think I speak for the kids and I when I say that we can't wait to have our daddy back!
A quick update on the rest of the family...my sweet baby girl is turning ONE next Sunday! Can you believe that?!?! She is starting to walk, taking around 6 steps and falling. She is also learning a few words and signs here and there. She has turned into quite the little ham of a girl. She is HILARIOUS!
Paul is also doing well. He is finally starting to use more words on a daily basis. He has LOVED following grandaddy around and riding in his truck. I am currently nursing his toes back to health as he has ridden his bike and car so much that he has caused them to get a little roughed up. It doesn't seem to stop him but definitely bothers me.
Our daddy is also doing very well. He has kept busy by finishing his degree...YAY! HE IS A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! He is also playing on his command softball team. He has really enjoyed playing and I had a good time watching him when I visited.
I am now about 16 weeks pregnant and very anxious to find out what we are having. I am putting money on a girl but I'll keep you updated when we find out.
Thats about everything for us. I'll make sure to keep you updated with the happenings in our family! Hope you are doing well!
Jeanne

No comments:
Post a Comment