Greetings from the Duval Household!
I hope this e-mail finds you doing well. With the school year starting, I am sure that everybody is trying to get into the swing of things and create a new routine.
We are still in the process of finding our new routine. I have to say, God has definitely given me a run for my money with this little girl. I must not have been praying enough before because He sure has found a way to bring me to my knees. Scratch what I said in my last e-mail about Catherine being laid back…it’s not true! She is very high strung and very attached to her mom. My family keeps laughing and telling me that I was the exact same way as a baby…Mom, Dad, Patrick, Earne, and Eddie…I am sorry! All I can say is that I think I turned out pretty well so hopefully she will end up doing the same...haha. This is one of the harder things I have done in my life but with every day, I think I might be learning a little bit more (or at least becoming a bit more patient or flexible…maybe?). A few weeks ago, after a particularly rough day, I saw this quote and it has remained with me.
Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing." ~St. Teresa of Avila
On a lighter note, I brought Catherine to the doctor today and was in complete amazement when I put her on the scale and it said, are you ready, 13 LBS AND 10 OZ!!! She’s ENORMOUS! The corpsman started laughing when I told him that she was only 6 weeks old. Despite her ‘high maintenance’ demeanor, she is a good sleeper and seems to be getting better by the day. Last night she slept from 9:30-5:10 and then 5:45-8:20. WONDERFUL! I am praying that by October, she will be a bit more even keeled in gereral…we’ll see.
Little Paul is still having a ball being a big brother. He sure does love helping (even when the help isn’t needed). Lately, he has been the official ‘dirty diaper throw-away-er”…ha-ha. He takes GREAT pride in helping us out. His listening skills are greatly improving and he is up to 12 teeth. I can’t believe that next month he will be a year and a half! MY GOODNESS! It truly is amazing how fast they grow up! I am SO excited for him to be able to play with his cousins when we visit. I know they will have a blast!
Paul is also doing well. Thankfully, he is finally on a normal schedule getting home around 4:50 every day. He has started riding his bike into work every morning. I know he has enjoyed getting in more riding time (as well as the extra exercise). We found out last week that his jaw surgery will take place between February and April of next year. We didn’t realize that it was going to be so soon but in order for him to be medically released from this base next year, he has to be fully recovered. The surgery sounds like its going to hurt pretty bad but somehow Paul doesn’t think it will be a big deal. BOYS!
Lastly, me. I am doing pretty well. I started a women’s self-defense class this week. While it was supposed to be a whole class, nobody else signed up. Therefore, I am getting personal one-on-one self-defense lessons. I told Paul that he had better not make me mad…I’ll punch his lights out! Taking this class is something that I have wanted to do since I was a senior in high school so I am very thankful for this opportunity.
I think that’s it for the Duval household. I will continue to update pictures on Phanfare so you can see my growing children. Have a wonderful end of summer and keep in touch!
Love,
Jeanne
No comments:
Post a Comment