Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Duval Family Update February 2009

Hi Family and Friends,

Well, our vacation is over and we're back into the swing of life...unfortunately.  I hope you all got a chance to look at our pictures from Germany as we had a wonderful time!  It was so nice to get away from Italy, explore a bit of Germany, and experience a bit of home (particularly the food; french fries, onion rings, pizza, hamburgers, you know the good stuff!).  Okay, well, I think I am speaking for myself on the food but it was so good! 

As of today, we are officially at the half way point to meeting baby Cate.  It sure is amazing how much faster this pregnancy has gone compared to Paul.  This time last pregnancy, we had just driven from California to New Hampshire where we were celebrating Thanksgiving followed by lovely kidney stones.  Let's hope and pray we don't see a repeat of that!  So far everything is going very well.  I'm feeling MUCH better these days and starting to try and prepare for the arrival of our little girl.  Catherine sure does move a lot but, at least for the time, does not kick half as hard as Paul did. 

Speaking of my little man...HE IS TURNING 1 YEAR OLD IN 6 WEEKS!!!  Can you believe that!?!?!?!  I feel like I just sent out my birth announcement e-mail a few weeks ago!  He also had a good time in Germany playing with grandmama and grandaddy.  He has FINALLY said 'Mama' so I suppose he does actually love me.  For a while there you would ask him to say it and he'd shake his head 'no'...haha.  This little boy has quite the sense of humor.  His latest cause for laughter was this afternoon when I went to get him from his crib, he was standing there WITH NO PANTS ON but the biggest smile on his face!  He cracks me up!  And whats even funnier is that he KNOWS that he's funny...what a nut! 

And last but certainly not least, my wonderful husband is still hard at work.  We have gotten no word on the officer program so we are assuming that it is a 'no go'.  That being the case, he will finish up school while working (hopefully by the beginning of next year) and then we will figure out where God wants us next.  We are tossing around quite a few options so we are certainly excited to see where we end up (and with how many kids...hahaha).  Especially in this time of uncertainty in our country, we are very thankful for all of the oppurtunities that Paul's military career is giving us.

Well, I think that about covers it all.  I hope this e-mail finds you doing well and kicking your Lent off on a strong note.  I know I will be spending a lot less time on facebook over the next 40 days!  Have a good Ash Wednesday and I look forward to hearing from you!

Love,
Jeanne   

No comments:

Post a Comment